Lemon Chicken | Roasted Cauliflower 2 ways | Greens
The last recipe for this week is one of my absolute favourites. So simple, so damn delicious. I roast a whole lot of cauliflower, puree three-quarters of it and leave the rest as beautiful toasty florets. The flavour of roasted cauliflower is so earthy and comforting. There is no cream in the puree! Can you believe it!? Just a little olive oil and a splash milk or almond milk. The chicken is marinated in lemon juice and zest and pan-fried to golden perfection. And the greens, lots of greens to make you feel bright eyes and bushy-tailed! I personally love finishing this dish off with a drizzle of truffle flavoured olive oil. Oh man, so good. Happy cooking! x
- 750 g - 1 kg cauliflower florets halved
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 125 g fine green beans trimmed
- 100 g long stem broccoli
- 4 - 5 free range chicken breast fillets butterflied or halved down the length to make thinner fillets
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 c (60 ml) milk or almond milk
- Willow Creek Truffle Flavoured Olive Oil optional
- Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius.
- Arrange cauliflower florets onto a large baking tray. Spread them out, drizzle with olive oil and season well. Roast for +- 25 minutes.
- Place the green beans and broccoli into a shallow dish. Cover with boiling water, cover with clingfilm and stand 10 minutes. You can steam too if you like.
- Massage the lemon juice and zest into the chicken fillets. Season. Allow to marinate while cauliflower is roasting.
- Heat a little olive oil in a large pan. Fry the fillets over high heat in batches until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. (About 3- 4 minutes per side depending on the thickness).
- Meanwhile, place three-quarters of the roasted cauliflower into a food processor (I use a Nutribullet), together with a drizzle of olive oil and the milk. Blend until smooth and creamy. Season to taste. Feel free to add truffle flavoured olive oil to the puree. YUM.
- Remove greens from the hot water. Rinse in a bit of cold water if desired.
- Toss spinach and blanched greens together.
- Serve lemony chicken fillets with cauliflower puree, roasted florets and greens.
- Drizzle with optional truffle flavoured olive oil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!