Roasted Chicken, Butternut & Sage | Greens
Today's recipe is another one-pan wonder. Yay! Fewer dishes, less water usage. It also happens to be so darn delicious and comforting, which is much needed when taking on such a big clean eating lifestyle change. Crispy juicy chicken, butternut & sage. A match made in heaven right? Served with loads of raw greens of course. Baby spinach and lightly blanched broccoli florets. This dish has become a staple in our home and soon, yours. Enjoy xThat's it for this week. Keep an eye on your inbox or my Facebook page for next week's weeknight meals menu.
- 4 - 6 free range chicken portions drumsticks and thighs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 1 medium butternut peeled and cut into chunks (don't remove the seeds)
- handful of fresh sage leaves
- 60 - 80 g baby spinach
- 300 g broccoli florets blanched
- Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius.
- Season the chicken and brown with a little olive oil in an ovenproof pan or casserole dish. Make sure the skin is golden.
- Arrange the onion wedges and butternut cubes around and even underneath the chicken. Sprinkle with sage leaves. Season once more and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is crispy and butternut is tender.
- Serve with baby spinach and blanched broccoli.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!