Roasted Mushroom, Broccoli & Crispy Lentils | Chevin & Hazelnuts
Today's recipe is a one tray veggie wonder. Brown mushrooms, broccoli and lentils all roasted in one pan. Served with fresh baby spinach, sliced red onion, chevin and toasted chopped hazelnuts. And lemon zest is a must, together with garlic flavoured extra virgin olive oil. Hubby loves his meat, but he honestly thoroughly enjoyed this dish. The crispy roasted lentils are such game-changer. Enjoy! C x
- 250 g brown mushrooms quartered
- 300 g broccoli florets
- 1 x 400 g tin lentils drained or 1 c (250 ml) cooked brown lentils
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 50 - 100 g chevin optional, torn into pieces
- 50 g hazelnuts toasted in a dry pan and chopped or blended to form crumbs
- 60 - 80 g baby spinach leaves
- half a red onion thinly sliced
- zest of 1 lemon
- Willow creek garlic flavoured extra virgin olive oil optional
- Preheat oven to 220 Degrees Celsius.
- Arrange mushrooms, broccoli and lentils onto a large greased baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season well.
- Roast for +- 25 minutes or until lentils are crispy.
- Serve the roasted ingredients with baby spinach, red onion, chevin, hazelnut crumbs and lemon zest.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil or garlic flavoured olive oil.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!