Creamy Pumpkin, Parmesan & Herb Bake
I think this may be my last pumpkin recipe for the month of October, but I can't promise anything 😉 This Creamy Pumpkin, Parmesan & Herb Bake is such a simple recipe and works a dream in a casserole dish. A glorious one-pan wonder! The pumpkin is literally cut into wedges with skin and seeds intact and roasted (lid on) with a few knobs of butter, a splash of stock or water and aromatics until tender. Then it is just a matter of adding cream, parmesan and a few more herbs before roasting until golden and bubbling. Delicious as a vegetarian meal served with a side salad or as a brilliant side to a meat dish.
- 1 small to medium pumpkin sliced into wedges
- handful of sage leaves and rosemary sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 30 g butter cut into cubes
- 80 ml stock or water
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 125 ml cream
- 125 ml finely grated parmesan
- a drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat to oven to 200°C.
- Arrange the pumpkin wedges in a shallow casserole or baking dish. Sprinkle with herbs, garlic and cubes of butter. Add stock or water and season well. Cover and bake for +- 30 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Add the cream and sprinkle with parmesan. Season once more and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with remaining herbs.
- Roast uncovered for +- 20 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- You should have tender & sweet pumpkin with just enough deliciously savoury cream sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!