Mini Bacon Jalapeno Popper Pizzas
It's no secret that I'm a sucker for Jalapeno Poppers. I even did a round-up of the Best Chilli Poppers in Cape Town for Food24 in 2012. And yet, I'm still obsessed with them. With the hype of creating ridiculously simple recipes and videos thereof, I made these mini deep dish style jalapeno popper ''pizzas''. A three cheese, bacon and jalapeno filling stuffed in a muffin tray lined with tortilla wraps cut to size and baked to crispy golden gooey perfection. It's every bit as tasty as an actual chilli popper. Bonus is it's less fiddly and not as greasy. And how cute for end of year party drinks? Bring on the tequila! Click here to see a 1-minute video how easy it is to make! Filmed by the lovely folks from Popped Red Balloon Productions.
- 200 g bacon diced
- 5 jalapeno chillies chopped or sliced
- handful of coriander chopped
- 1 c (250 ml) mozzarella
- 1 c (250 ml) cheddar
- 1 c (250 ml) cream cheese
- 4 tortilla wraps cut into 12 x 10 cm circles or 12 mini wraps
- Willowcreek Jalapeno Flavoured Olive Oil optional
- Extra coriander for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius.
- Grease a muffin tray
- Fry the bacon until crispy.
- Mix the chilli, coriander, cheese and bacon together until well combined.
- Place the mini tortilla rounds into the greased muffin tray.
- Fill each one to form mini deep dish pizzas. Oh yeah!
- For that extra little punch, drizzle with little Willowcreek Jalapeno Flavoured Olive Oil.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until golden and crispy.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve immediately - because you wouldn't eat a cold chilli popper would you?
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!