Flourless Chocolate Torte
Think fudgy moist brownie. This dark, rich torte is incredible with creme fraiche and berries to cut through the sweetness. An absolute winner and I have many ''guinea pigs'' to confirm this. Remember, it's gluten-free/flourless but is still most definitely a once in a while treat as it is laden with butter and sugar. I think I may do a Christmas Chocolate Torte this year by adding some spices to the mixture and some citrus peel and toasted nuts to the berry topping. Mmm...Click here to view our latest video and to see how easy this recipe is. We had such fun shooting this torte, hope you enjoy it! Videography by the lovely folks at Popped Red Balloon Productions.
- 200 g salted butter
- 1 1/2 c (375 ml) brown sugar
- 200 g ground almonds/almond flour
- 1/3 c (80 ml) cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) vanilla essence
- 3 large eggs beaten
- 100 g dark chocolate chopped
- 250 g creme fraiche
- 150 g fresh berries
- icing sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180 Degrees Celsius.
- Melt butter and sugar over moderate heat in a large pot until sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat.
- Add the ground almonds, cocoa powder and vanilla essence and mix well.
- Add the eggs and chocolate and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Pour into a greased and lined 20 cm loose- bottom cake tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Turn oven off and leave for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Tip: Try baking the day before. Cool, then cover with cling wrap.
- Once cooled, use a sharp knife to gently loosen the sides and remove from the tin.
- To serve: Generously spread creme fraiche onto the torte and top with loads of fresh berries.
- Optional: Sprinkle with icing sugar for funsies.
Enjoy lovelies, enjoy! 😉
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Comment