Broccoli Pizza with Bacon, Brie & Cranberries
Being a complete and utter food hedonist, I don't bant or diet. I simply eat what the hell I want - in balance (most of the time). I've done caulipizza before simply because I love cauliflower and cheese, so this time around I thought I'd give broccoli a spot in the limelight for a change. And because broccoli and cheese is also a match made in heaven, why not a broccoli pizza base? Loaded with brie, crispy bacon and some dried cranberries for a bit of sweetness. Oh, and I finish this pizza off with wild rocket just to freshen it up a bit and make it look more healthy. As you may know, like caulipizza, this brocpizza is super filling and rich, so 2 slices per person is quite sufficient with a crisp salad on the side. If you are not a fan of broccoli, don't even attempt this recipe, because it obviously has that funky, earthy broccoli flavour. I personally love the flavour together with all the delectable toppings. I hope that all the broccoli lovers out there like it too. Also, it's time to give the cauliflower farmers a break... 😉Click here to see the YouTube video of this recipe in association with Popped Red Balloon Productions.
Broccoli Pizza Base:
- 1 head of broccoli or 500 g florets
- 1 c (250 ml) grated mozzarellla
- 1/2 c (125 ml) grated parmesan
- 3 Tbs (45 ml) psyllium husks
- 2 eggs
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 200 g streaky bacon halved
- 125 g brie sliced
- Handful of dried cranberries optional for banters
- Olive oil for drizzling
- 80 g wild rocket
- Preheat the oven to 220 Degrees Celsius.
- Place broccoli florets into a food processor and blitz until fine. Pop into a heatproof bowl, cover with clingfilm and microwave for 8 - 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the bacon ( I don't use oil when frying bacon) until crispy and place on paper towel to absorb residual oil from bacon fat.
- Carefully remove cling film. Mix the base in ingredients vigorously into the steamed broccoli until well combined.
- Press mixture onto a baking paper lined baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with bacon, brie and cranberries. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for another 8 - 10 minutes or until golden.
- Top with rocket and serve immediately!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Comment