Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto. Another game changer. I can safely say, risotto is back on our weeknight menu at home, thanks to my new favourite kitchen appliance. No stirring, adding the stock bit by bit and praying it comes out perfectly. It really is as simple as a brief sauté session, then the stock is added, sealed with lid and does it’s own thing for 10 minutes. Once you release the steam and open, stir in the parmesan and season to taste.
If you prefer a thicker risotto, simply leave in the Instant Pot with Keep Warm setting on for a little while.
Delicious sprinkled with earthy toasted hazelnuts and a good drizzle of truffle olive oil. Garnish with left over herbs and extra parmesan is an absolute must.
Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
- Instant Pot
- 1 red or white onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 250 g Mushrooms of your choice roughly chopped
- 30 ml butter
- 5 ml olive oil
- sprig of rosemary leaves
- a few sprigs of thyme
- 375 ml Arborio rice
- 1 L hot vegetable stock
- 1 ½ cups finely grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 30 g toasted hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 20 ml truffle oil optional
- extra grated parmesan optional
- extra chopped herbs optional
- Press sauté setting on your Instant Pot. Heat the butter and oil and fry the onion, garlic, mushrooms and herbs until softened, browned and fragrant.
- Add the rice and stir until well combined.
- Pour in the prepared hot stock. Seal with lid. Press Pressure Cook setting for 10 minutes (High).
- Once the 10 minutes are complete, Release the steam and open. Press Keep Warm setting and stir in the cheese and season to taste.
- Serve with toasted hazelnuts and a drizzle of truffle oil.
- Extra Parmesan is always a good idea. Enjoy!