Carrot, Beet & Apple Slaw with Chevin & Toasted Hazelnuts
Something light and fresh for the warmer days ahead. Carrot, beet and apple tossed in a herb vinaigrette with goat's cheese and toasted hazelnuts. This combination is mouthwatering and ever so satiating.
- 100 g julienned carrot
- 100 g julienned beetroot
- 1 granny smith apple cut into matchsticks
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) olive oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 ml) honey
- 2 tsp (15 ml) chopped mint
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chopped dill
- 50 g hazelnuts toasted and chopped
- 50 g chevin crumbled
- Add the prepared carrot, beet and apple to a large bowl.
- Place dressing ingredients into a small jar. Shake until emulsified. Season to taste.
- Lightly toss slaw with dressing.
- Stir in the chopped nuts and crumbled chevin.
This recipe featured on the Morning Expresso Show recently where I showcased 3 inspired ways to use the humble carrot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!