Asian Style Sweetcorn Fritters, made with just a few pantry staples and some fresh herbs. So delicious and utterly moreish.
Served with a mouth-watering dipping sauce mixture of soy sauce, a drop or two of fish sauce, fresh lime juice, sambal oelek, fresh ginger, coriander & mint, and a bit of honey. The sauce is made to taste, so no measurements here. Convenient sweet chilli sauce, hot honey, sriracha mayo are also great dipping sauce options.
Want to see how I made them? Check this Instagram Reel.
Asian Style Sweetcorn Fritters
- 1 non stick frying pan
- 2 cups (260 g) sweetcorn canned (drained) or frozen (thawed)
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh coriander chopped
- ¼ cup mint leaves chopped
- 1 ½ tsp sambal oelek (Garlic chilli paste)
- 1 lime zest of
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup (65 g) all purpose flour
- ¼ cup (30 g) corn flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 125 ml coconut milk or milk of your choice
- 1 large egg beaten
- ½ tsp fish sauce optional
- olive oil to grease pan
- sesame oil a few drops
- Mix all the ingredients together until evenly combined. It should resemble a chunky thick batter.
- Lightly grease non stick pan with olive oil and some sesame oil for flavour.
- Fry 1 Tbsp portions over moderate heat until golden brown on both sides and the centre in cooked.
- 1 Tbsp portions make 15 fritters, and 2 Tbsp portions make +- 7 large fritters.
- Place on on kitchen paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Serve with a fragrant homemade soy dipping sauce, sweet chilli sauce, sriracha mayo or hot honey.
- Garnish with extra herbs.
- Eat immediately!
For more Asian inspired recipes: