Whole Baked Cauliflower in Parmesan Cream
This is my new favourite way to do cauliflower in cheese sauce. I don't waste a morsel of the cauliflower and no need to make a bechamel sauce. The sauce is literally equal parts cream and finely grated Parmesan cheese! The cauliflower including the leaves are steamed until al dente. Then it is just a matter of popping your steamed cauliflower in a baking dish and pouring seasoned Parmesan cream all over it. Extra grated Parmesan grated on top is a must and I like to finish it off with a good drizzle of truffle oil before baking in the oven until golden and bubbling. Simple and luxurious.
- 1 small to medium cauliflower washed
- 250 ml cream
- 1 c (250 ml) finely grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Extra Parmesan for sprinkling
- Optional truffle oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Trim the stalk and leaves off the cauliflower and set aside.
- Steam the cauliflower for 15 minutes (in a closed pot with enough water) or until al dente. For the last 2 minutes, add the stalks and leaves to steam briefly.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream and Parmesan. Season to taste.
- Place steamed cauliflower into a baking dish. Arrange the lightly steamed stems and leaves around it. Pour the Parmesan cream over the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with extra Parmesan and drizzle with optional truffle oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!