Spicy Lamb | Roasted Eggplant | Kale Salad in Garlic Yoghurt Dressing
Lamb steaks (or chops) seasoned with ground cumin, smoked paprika and lemon zest. Served with melt-in-your-mouth roasted baby eggplants - and red onion wedges, because yum. And of course some raw goodness, kale and fresh baby tomatoes dressed in garlic, lemony yoghurt. It all just works! Enjoy!
- 4- 6 free range lamb steaks or loin chops
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- half a tsp 2.5 ml smoked paprika
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- 4- 6 baby eggplants halved (score the flesh)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried oregano
- 1 red onion peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- half a bunch of kale stalks, removed and torn into bite size pieces
- 200 g baby tomatoes halved
- 1/4 c (60 ml) plain yoghurt
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves crushed
- juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 200 Degrees Celsius.
- Rub the seasoning onto the lamb steaks with a little olive oil. Set aside.
- Arrange prepped eggplants and red onion onto a greased baking tray. Drizzle well with olive oil and season with oregano, salt and pepper. Roast for +- 25 minutes.
- Toss the kale, tomatoes, yoghurt, garlic and juice together until well combined. Season.
- 10 minutes before the eggplants are ready to come out, heat olive oil in a pan.
- Fry the steaks (or chops) over high heat to brown both sides. Then cook over moderate heat until fat is rendered and cook to your liking ( this should take 4 - 5 minutes per side).
- Serve lamb with roasted eggplants, onion and the zingy kale salad.
- So that's it for week 3. You now have 3 weeks worth of weeknight recipes!
- I am taking a break from posting my weeknight meals for a week or so. All you need to do for now is choose your favourite menu or pick your fave meals from all three weeks and plan your own menu for the week! If you have any questions, feel free to pop me an email or connect with me on Facebook or Instagram.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!