This decadent Dark Chocolate Mousse recipe is a gem. Smooth, rich, dark chocolatey and dreamy – yet characteristically light and airy. A classic and timeless dessert. Served with whipped cream, blackberries, dark chocolate shavings and optional chopped almonds or hazelnuts. The perfect make-ahead dessert for a dinner party.
Dark Chocolate Mousse
A classic and timeless dessert. Served with whipped cream, blackberries, dark chocolate shavings and chopped almonds or hazelnuts. The perfect make-ahead dessert for a dinner party.
- 180 g dark chocolate chips or chopped
- 15 g butter
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) vanilla essence
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) milk or cream **heated**
- 2 eggs separated
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) castor sugar
- 125 ml whipping cream
- 60 ml whipping cream whipped
- 50 g blackberries or other berries of choice
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Dark chocolate shavings
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) toasted almonds or hazelnuts chopped (optional)
- Melt the chocolate and butter gently until smooth. Use the double boiler method. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk the egg yolks and heated cream or milk into the melted chocolate until smooth and glossy.
- Whisk the egg whites in a clean bowl until foamy. Add the castor sugar and continue whisking until soft peaks and glossy.
- Whisk the cream until soft peaks and thick.
- Fold the whipped egg whites and cream into the chocolate mixture until well combined and smooth.
- Spoon into 4 to 6 small glasses or ramekins. Cover and set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Serve topped with whipped cream, blackberries, chocolate shavings and nuts.
Calories: 601kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 11gFat: 48gSaturated Fat: 27gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 156mgSodium: 94mgPotassium: 540mgFiber: 7gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 976IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 138mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Comment