Grilled halloumi doused in hot honey and za’atar is a quite possibly the most delicious thing I’ve eaten this year. Can you believe I grilled these in the airfryer? My husband and I were amazed. It’s my new favourite way to grill halloumi. Perfectly golden brown and puffy. The hot honey and za’atar combo was a epiphanic experiment that turned out to be utterly delightful.
I shared an instagram reel on how to make this dish a while back but I’m slowly starting to put time into my website and actually publish the recipes I’ve been purely sharing on social media. To make life easier for recipe lovers like myself.
If you haven’t so already, feel free to Subscribe here in order to receive my sporadic recipe posts via email.
Grilled Halloumi with Hot Honey & Za'atar
- 250 g Halloumi
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) black pepper coarse
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) honey
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) dried chilli flakes or more if you like
- 1 ½ tsp (7.5 ml) za'atar spice
- Set Airfryer to Grill setting (205°C).
- Cut halloumi into wedges in to 8 wedges.
- Grill in the airfryer for 10 - 15 minutes until golden brown and puffy. No need for olive oil.
- When halloumi is almost ready. Mix honey and chilli together and heat in the microwave for just a few seconds until hot and runny.
- Serve grilled halloumi immediately. Drench with hot honey and sprinkle with za'atar spice.
Bake in a fan assisted oven at 205°C for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.