Banana Bread Hot Cakes
2020 has been the year of Banana Bread, right? Enter my Banana Bread Hot Cakes. A hybrid of banana bread, crumpets and flapjacks. Super puffy and squishy. These beauties are light as a feather with all the comforts of banana bread.
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ c sugar
- ½ c (125 ml) milk
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 c (500 ml) all-purpose flour
- 20 ml baking powder
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp (10 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 2 medium bananas mashed
- ½ c (125 ml) yoghurt, buttermilk or milk
- Whisk eggs and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Add the 125 ml milk and oil and whisk briefly.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarb, cinnamon and salt into the egg mixture.
- Add the mashed bananas and yoghurt.
- With a wooden spoon, mix until well combined and a smooth, thick batter is formed. Rest for 30 minutes.
- Drop 30 ml spoonfuls of batter into a greased and moderately heated frying pan. Make sure you allow space in between as they puff up considerably.
- Cook on one side until air bubbles begin to form. Flip over and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Serve with immediately with honey, sliced banana and walnuts.
- A dollop of butter of creme fraiche or butter wouldn't be a bad idea either.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!